Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wow - Final Blog Assignment!

Holy cow - I cannot believe this is the last EDM blog assignment! Here it goes...

I have learned SO much in this class! Anything from blogging and Google Docs to voice recording and timelines. I do not have the time and space to go into every little thing, because there was so much that we were able to dabble in. I have to say the top few things that were most valuable to me were all the different aspects of Google that are available (this is a great time-saver!), blogging (my most favorite!), timelines (an incredible source for teachers at any level!), Google Earth (quite possibly THE coolest thing EVER!), and so many more things!

I would have liked to have gone into some more detail about each of the things that we talked about. I feel like everything was so rushed and that we weren't able to devote time to some things that we needed to devote time to and really explore.

Everything I learned in this class has been valuable in some way or another, but I have to say that the thing I wish to forget and probably will not use is any form of the voice recordings. Although they are a valuable and useful tool in the classroom, I just think that in this class, it was not as valuable and those five minutes might could have been better spent on other projects and topics that are much larger and would require some more depth.

This was an exciting class for the shear fact that you never really knew what to expect. You knew the things you were going to have to do, but you never quite knew what was going to be thrown at you in the class. It was always something new and exciting that helped you learn.

I think that every aspect of this class was somewhat challenging for me, as I had no prior experience with a large number of the topics we covered. I had to think and really apply the things we were doing even though I did not have much prior knowledge to draw upon.

Absolutely, I was never board in this class. There was always some project to work on or something to update or check.

I would not change anything about this course, except to make the expectations clear right from the beginning for each individual project and to have a time table set for each of them throughout the semester instead of having them all so close together at the end. I would also find ways to devote more time to actually explaining in depth each feature that we use.

I will not go so far as to say that I am fully technologically literate, but I am more than I was at the beginning of the semester. I have a lot more to learn, but I am excited to use what I have learned this semester and to continue to learn and grow. I think that is what courses like this are all about and what life is all about in general...learning and growing.

I will find more ways to integrate technology into my lessons as early as student teaching if my cooperating teacher will allow. I would love to continue to use the things that we have learned in here and to build upon that knowledge. I think also the biggest thing is my PLN. I hope that that will continue to grow and that I can have resources and maybe one day BE a resource for someone. I would like to find new technology related things to use in my classroom and find really good ways to integrate them.





2 comments:

  1. I like Google Earthy also, but it still has some kinks. At least for some people.

    You may be correct about spaced deadlines. I probably should not support procrastinators.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca,

    I agree that we need to try and head the procrastinator off at the pass.

    ReplyDelete